My passion

We all have a life other than just our plants. Please feel free to post about whatever you want as long as it is not offensive to others.

Moderators: I like streps, lennywin, strepcrazy, Jim C., davioletman

My passion

Postby I like streps » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Well, I decided to share my hobby with you!

My hobby is driving professional grade rc cars. I really love this and I have been doing this for 3 summers.

Here are some pictures of my cars and work shop:

This truck was almost done at the time. It was only missing a motor and a transmitter and receiver. Now, it is complete, but I broke the differential due to too much power. The motor is really powerful, but I didn't adjust the differential right. So, the little balls inside the differential went thru the gear and widdened up there respective hole.

Here is my workshop:

This was my first car at a beach in Florida:

This is my other truck after I repainted the body:

Under the body. The chassis was modified to be lighter(hence the holes) and a metal plate for the battery mounting was added to have a lower cg for racing. Since I don't race anymore I replaced the chassis for the stock one wich is the same without the holes and metal plate:

So, that's it for pictures for now. I do have another car that is a Buggy. I hope you don't mind me sharring my passion with you. If you have any questions or you are interested in this hobby donnot hesitate Pm'ing me. I will gladly answer your questions.
I like plants.
I like streps
Mod

Postby I like streps » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:21 pm

No one has any comments nor questions on this?
I like plants.
I like streps
Mod

Postby larrysviolets » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:08 am

Hi I Like,

Sorry, I haven't been around for a while. I don't know much about RC cars. They look like a lot of fun. You really seem to be into them.
larrysviolets

Postby I like streps » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:16 am

larrysviolets wrote:Hi I Like,

Sorry, I haven't been around for a while. I don't know much about RC cars. They look like a lot of fun. You really seem to be into them.

Yea, I love them. They are so fun to drive and work on. The fastest one I have can go up to about 45-50MPH.

I got another one for Christmas from me parents and I bought myself one with my Christmas money.

Here is the one my parents bought me:

The same car, but with a different dody that I bought, painted and stickered up:

This is the car I bought with my Christmas money:

This is my truck after driving in snow:

I changed the chassis because I don't race this truck anymore. I also changed the tires for some better ones that have more grip.
I like plants.
I like streps
Mod

Return to Off Topic