UPDATE: A few pictures of Strep Tissue Culture

Here is the place to learn or post about it!

Moderators: I like streps, lennywin, strepcrazy, Jim C., davioletman

UPDATE: A few pictures of Strep Tissue Culture

Postby ryferre » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:56 pm

As many of you know--Tissue Culture has become a vital part of my mutation experiments--here is a link with a few more pictures of some of my streps that are in-vitro!

Ryan

http://groups.msn.com/TheVioletVoice/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=27652
ryferre

Strep babies by the thousands.

Postby gene » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:54 am

Ryan, thanks for your link to your update report on tissue culture in the VioletVoice. I am surprised by the mass of roots on the strep babies which are still in the test tubes. And the S. Nicola babies planted in a standard planting mix sure look happy and healthy under that dome.

Gene/San Francisco, a tissue culture junkie.
gene

Postby ryferre » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:51 am

All smiles here!

:mrgreen: :cloud_9:

Ryan
ryferre

Postby aspenkeep » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:38 am

All I can say is WOW. I love that picture of the baby Nicola growing. You're going to have fun in a couple of months.

Barb/Colorado
aspenkeep

Postby gene » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:23 am

Hi Ryan,

A biologist once told me that you can clone a plant from any portion of that plant, except for the flower. Is that true? I sure would like you to take a portion of a yellow strep flower and create a new plant with yellow flowers. Do you have enough empty glass test tubes to give it a try?

Don't forget to keep us posted on the baby Nicolas and let us know if those flowers vary much, if at all, from the parent plant.

Gene/San Francisco
gene

Postby gene » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:50 am

Hey Ryan, I presume you are back from your vacation up north. How come it is so quiet from your corner of Utah? An update on your experiments is way over due!!!!!!!!!!

Gene/San Francisco
gene

Postby ryferre » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:53 am

As an update---sorry I dont have photos taken yet---I have the process down "pat"---I really don't think there would be any reason to improve it--I can get thousands of plants dang easy and quick! Now I am working on getting these guys to mutate! He he

Gene---Thanks for your continued interest! I will of course let you know of any developments!

have you started to try this yet?

Ryan
ryferre

Return to "Hybridizing, Mutations and Experiments!