My latest cross

Here is the place to learn or post about it!

Moderators: I like streps, lennywin, strepcrazy, Jim C., davioletman

My latest cross

Postby Disa » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:03 am

My latest cross (Emily x Bristol's Phaser Blast).
Not THAT special - but still quite nice, isn't it? :thumbs_up: !
The only Strep that flowered around Christmas for me. Maybe it will become a 'all year flowering Strep'? :drool:

/Disa
Disa

Postby Xena » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:06 pm

Disa,

Your hybrid is special.M :blueribbon: aybe you should give it a Christmas-y name since it first bloomed then.

Your baby doesn't have netting it has beautiful darker lower petals made up of thousands of tiny dots. The pattern is fascinating.

This is a keeper. Hope you will share more photos as others bloom.

Xena :blueribbon:
Xena

Postby strepcrazy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:42 pm

:jump_for_joy: Yes this is a unique bloom due to the speckles/dots only on the lower half of the bloom. You should name it and see how it grows up. Make sure you share a leaf or two with friends that you can easily get a leaf back from just in case you loose it. It is also good information to see how it grows for others.

Way to go! :party:

strepcrazy
Site Admin

Postby Disa » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks for all the input! Maybe it IS special..! :)
I would love to share a leaf with friends. But... My friends are wonderful - but they are TERRIBLE at taking care of plants..!
I nearly lost all my streps last summer when a friend 'took care' of my plants when I was on vacation. She gave them far too much water - I had to throw many away and start over with leaf cuttings with the rest. So right now I just have small plants..!
This plant (my own crossing) only have 3 leaves at the moment so I can't really take any cuttings right now. But I will definately keep it and take cuttings later this spring.

The only 'problem' is space..! I live in a small appartment and I have zillions of small seedlings (new crosses) that I also need room for..! AhHHH - anyone got a house for me???! :mrgreen:
Disa

Freja

Postby Disa » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:40 pm

I have decided to name this cross 'Freja'.
Freja is a Swedish/Scandinavian 'Viking Goddess' so I think that's a good name. :)
Disa

Return to "Hybridizing, Mutations and Experiments!