More photos added to general Photo album

Here is the place to learn or post about it!

Moderators: I like streps, lennywin, strepcrazy, Jim C., davioletman

More photos added to general Photo album

Postby dale4streps » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:11 pm

To the Photo Album (click on words Photo Album at the top of the page) I just added 4 photos: two seedlings (whole plants and then flower close-ups). These are seedlings from my attempts to reduce the size of strep leaves. The best so far is Fernwood's Silhouette x self. It's a bluish-lavender netted flower with a white edge. It's beginning to make four flowers per stem. The plant is in a Solo cup so needs to be put into a 3 inch pot to see how big it gets. FS is Lee Stradley's cross of S. lilliputana x Little Gem. This is certainly a keeper and I was shocked to see netted flowers, but I have no idea the parentage of Little Gem.

The other seedling is Fernwood's Minuet x Nerys and has the "daisy" petals, in other words quite separated. Again it's in a Solo cup. It has longer leaves that are narrow similar to Nerys. I'm using it as a mom, so will pot it in a larger pot after I harvest pods.

I'm certainly doing the Happy Hybridizer's dance today!
Dale in Illinois
dale4streps

Postby strepcrazy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:25 am

Beautiful job! I really like the Fernwood's Silhouette x self. Gorgeous! You should be dancing for those. Thanks for sharing them with us.

strepcrazy
Site Admin

Return to "Hybridizing, Mutations and Experiments!