see Nancy Block's hybrid!

Here is the place to learn or post about it!

Moderators: I like streps, lennywin, strepcrazy, Jim C., davioletman

see Nancy Block's hybrid!

Postby dale4streps » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Some of you may know Nancy Block in Illinois as the hybridizer of the "dilute" streptocarpus flowers on variegated foliage. The flowers open as dark solids and in a few days are "watered down" to unusual lighter colors with dark edging. I entered her hybrid S. 'Different Drummer' at the Denver convention. Dolly Yeh has a photo of it: http://www.dollyyeh.idv.tw/Strep_Differ ... 008tgs.jpg I got Best Gesneriad for that hybrid at a local AV show. The photo is also on this site if you look alphabetically in the strep photo list.

Nancy has recently created more unique looking strep flowers. She gave me permission to post a photo of her newest hybrid, Streptocarpus 'Nightmare'. One of the parents of 'Nightmare' is her S. 'Cape Baby' which is a registered cross between S. 'Cape Essence' x S. 'Museum of Art'. I'll put more photos of her hybrids in the next issue of CrossWords.

I'm sure Nancy is doing the Happy Hybridizer's Dance for this latest, very unusual hybrid. Look closely at the notched edges of the petals. Of course I begged for a leaf right away!
Dale in Illinois
dale4streps

Postby strepcrazy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:58 pm

Nancy makes some beautiful hybrids. This is very fun to see the different variations she is getting. I will post the photo below so people don't have to travel to the photo album to see it.

strepcrazy
Site Admin

Postby Disa » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:36 pm

Wow - Stunning new hybrid!!! :) Love it! Want it! :)
Disa

Return to "Hybridizing, Mutations and Experiments!